Pisa, 16 November 2020.
Here the main indications that Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) have adopted following the very recent entry of the Tuscany Region into the red zones and which will be contained in a decree of the Director of imminent issue.
These indications, which have also been defined by the Regional University Committee of Tuscany, are operational from today, Monday November 16, and will remain in force until the current situation of the Tuscany Region persists. Given the high-risk pandemic situation, all of us are required to increase the level of attention to the use of masks, spacing and hand washing and to avoid unnecessary movement.
1. All didactic, training and curricular activities, including lessons, readerships, seminars, exams and for the achievement of academic qualifications, student reception and other meetings with outsiders take place remotely, electronically, regardless of the year of the study course and the number of students attending.
2. The activities that are considered undelayable and that can be carried out in the presence, in compliance with the anti-contagion rules are:
- laboratory activities;
- curricular internships of study courses that are not actually completely feasible at a distance, subject to certification by the reference teachers;
- other experiential didactic activities that are difficult to substitute remotely, subject to the attestation of the reference teachers (ex didactic laboratories and laboratories aimed at the realization of the degree, doctoral and specialization thesis);
- doctoral research activities;
- access to the study rooms (see "Common spaces" below);
- access to library services for professors, postdocs, doctoral students, postgraduate students, research contractors, fellows and undergraduates (see "Library" below)
The research activities, listed in point 2, considered non-deferrable necessarily require the presence of personnel in the workplace, also with reference to all administrative and technical-administrative activities, instrumental and support.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES - WORKSHOPS
Research activities continue, even in the presence, to the extent and in the manner compatible with the current health emergency situation and in absolute compliance with the health provisions in force and the regulations existing in the various laboratories of the SNS.
The Library carries out its activities in accordance with its guidelines. The Library's opening services to the public are suspended. The library services for teachers, researchers, postdocs, graduate students, postgraduate students, contractors, fellows and undergraduates, as well as the student loan service remain active.
The canteen will remain open in the usual manner for the categories that can benefit from it at the moment. We recommend once again the use of the meal reservation system.
Students of the ordinary course and of the PhD course can access the classrooms and study rooms only by booking via the MySNS App or by accessing the web page https://spazi.sns.it/, and only if strictly necessary for their study needs.
We remind you that will be required a self-certification certifying the reasons for the move to go to the SNS places.
More detailed guidelines will be issued soon and will be posted on the SNS website.