Following our statement of yesterday evening, we provide you with some updating and clarifications, thanking for the useful notifications already received.
1) At the moment, there is no evidence of suspected cases in Tuscany (source: Sanitary Board of Regione Toscana).
2) At the moment, there are no new and specific behavioural indications from Government or Regione Toscana, both for citizens and for universities, in addition to those already known yesterday and the day before.
3) The general situation is constantly evolving, anyway: we will update you without delay.
4) General precautions set out by health authorities should always be followed, regardless of any symptoms or of presence or transit in risk areas, in Italy or abroad (http://www.salute.gov.it/nuovocoronavirus).
5) In addition, who believes to show symptoms giving rise to suspicion of infection (regardless of transit or staying in risk areas) should act according to the specific indications set out by sanitary authorities (http://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioFaqNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=italiano&id=228).
6) For who has been during the past weeks in one of the risk areas, in Italy or abroad, a period of voluntary isolation is recommended, even without symptoms.
At the moment, risk areas are the following:
Italy: 10 municipalities of Bassa Lodigiana: Casalpusterlengo, Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo e San Fiorano; 1 municipality in Veneto: Vo' Euganeo.
7) For who does not fall into points 5) and 6) (flu symptoms and/or transit in risk areas), activities go on regularly. Obviously, except new and otherwise indicated.
8) Didactic tours from and to the Scuola Normale are interrupted for precautionary reasons, following the dispositions of MIUR.
Information for students of Scuola Normale Superiore
9) It is recommended for students staying in the collegi and who proceed to isolation to remain in their rooms or at home. In the first case, students can ask meals to be delivered to their rooms by the canteen service, as usually.
10) Scuola Normale assures that any failure to comply with the didactic duties, both internal and external, by students in isolation will not have negative consequences.